FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 15, 2022
Contact: Joshua Marin-Mora
PHOENIX, AZ - invisionAZ and StartupAZ today announce the final block of EmergeAZ Fast II Grant awardees. In partnership with Governor Doug Ducey, $1.5 million had been allocated to the EmergeAZ Fast II Grant to provide resources to Arizona entrepreneurs and startups with emerging technologies designed to address current and future economic, health, or societal challenges.
“In just a few months, we saw so much enthusiasm for the second round of the EmergeAZ Fast Grant,” said Jack Selby, Chairman of invisionAZ.“ We are immensely proud of all of our awardees. I am thankful for GovernorDucey and his support of this program, and we hope to continue to fosterrelationships with startups throughout the state and keep moving Arizona forward.”
The new awardees include:
- Klay Brands: Klay Brands is a consumer product studio & growth platform, passionate about scaling consumer brands.
- Peerlogic Technologies Inc: Peerlogic is a cloud-based phone system powered by A.I. analytics to help optimize call flow, identify potential and missed opportunities, and ultimately let dental practices track the performance of their front office and generate more revenue.
- SaasIQ: SaasIQ empowers community banks and credit unions with SMB insights leveraging accounting data and AI.
- coManage: coManage is a full-featured property management software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform.
- Homer Farms: Homer Farms Inc. is a cleantech company that efficiently transfers water/energy/nutrient from organic waste to fresh produce with sustainable environmental impact. Homer Farms was founded in 2018 and is currently under incubation at the University of Arizona Center for Innovation.
- ChangeSync: ChangeSync is a consolidated, cloud-based platform built to organize, track, and report on change management initiatives.
- Terkel, Inc: Terkel is a decentralized question and answer marketplace that connects brands with expert insights.
- ReSuture Inc: ReSuture is creating the next generation of physical vascular simulations for surgical training. ReSuture works to improve patient outcomes and reduce surgical complications by giving future surgeons a superior training experience.
“I am extremely proud of how successful our grant was this year,” said DianaVowels, CEO of StartupAZ. “I wanted to thank Governor Ducey and for all of his support in making this grant happen. I look forward to seeing the great work these startups will do and the positive impacts they will have on our state.”
Applications for the EmergeAZ Fast II are now closed.
invisionAZ will accelerate the growth of Arizona’s vibrant tech ecosystem by creating, promoting, and leading the framework that allows technology, innovation, and investment to flourish. The blueprint of invisionAZ was developed based on the response from leading tech experts at the 2017 AZ Tech Innovation Summit. We assembled a roadmap of real solutions to address the gaps that currently exist in Arizona’s tech ecosystem. Learn more at invisionaz.org.
StartupAZ exists to help Arizona’s most innovative startup companies improve their leadership, performance, and connections, while inspiring generosity and philanthropy within their communities. We thrive on empowering the next generation of entrepreneurs, helping them grow, give back, and positively impact Arizona.Learn more at startupaz.org.